LBB UPDATE:Skin Condition and PCOS

Monday, May 21, 2012
hello guys so i kept on saying that ill post my skin update every now and then but i never had the guts to make one cause i know that it will take me lots and lots of time and courage to make one,if youve been visiting my blog since 2010 or beyond you'll see that i dont have that much of a problem with my skin,up until i guess dec 2011
Photobucket
i started to have this tiny bumps all over the side of my cheeks down to my jawline and chin...both sides,it never bothered me since im still on the same skin care regimen.


Photobucket
and when i sometimes scratch or prick that almost out of the pore blackhead,it gets inflamed i guess thats because they are so close to each other almost like their on top of each.(pardon that stain on the side of my lips i just ate breakfast haha)


Photobucket
then from there i started noticing more and more skin colored bumps appeared on the same area 
mostly sides of my cheeks.


Photobucket
and on my jawline..my skin also became more OILIER,and my face flushes easily..


i gained a few(few? =D) pounds and then right after we went to boracay that same month i had my period twice which is very unlikely...so thats what pushed me to visit my gynecologist...and lo and behold after the Ultrasound and all...i was diagnosed with PCOS...i did actually suspect the same condition but never knew about it that much,ive read articles and stuff to widen my understanding bout what that is....and im still learning a lot of things..


the ultrasound shows 12+  cyst on both of my ovaries...thickened endometrium,retroverted uterus and things that i dont really understand..
she gave me:
Diane35 OCP to regulate my cycle
METFORMIN-an anti diabetic drug-because pcos also i guess has a high chance of being diabetic.
*Because polycystic ovarian syndrome has an insulin resistance component (too much insulin required to store blood sugar), a drug called metformin (Glucophage) is becoming a routine treatment. Approved as an anti-diabetic drug, metformin acts by making insulin more efficient, thus allowing less insulin to perform the same amount of metabolic work.


i visited a dermatologist after and she gave me an 
ointment for my dermatitis(back),doxycycline(antibiotics),and DUAC and said to be back for like 2 weeks..but its doing nothing good to be honest.


To kinda put it in my own explanation what it is..


POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME or in layman's term pcos or hormonal imbalance is a condition in where women will find it quite difficult to diagnose since the symptoms arent life threatening at all its just that were used to having it or seeing it so we often thought maybe i did something different or wrong.they said that i have a problem on my endocrine thats causing my hormone to go berserk,most gals who have this also has difficulty on getting pregnant 


this is what i have:
SUDDEN Weight Gain-gained weight in just 3days,its because of increase cravings due to hormones
ACNE BREAKOUTS-never had any problem with this for the past 23 years of my life and then BOOM!here they are...
UNUSUAL CYCLE-you might ve missed a period or something like that or like me had mine twice in a month which never happened before..
HIRSUTISM -hair suddenly grows in place you dont want them to be.
FATIGUE-i feel tired almost everyday even when i had a decent sleep,
MOOD CHANGES-cranky mom cranky wife..Just plain Cranky!
INSOMNIA-cant sleep most of the time even if my eyes are soo darn tired.


so here is how my skin looks now....just a comparison of how it started.
DSCN7985
before and after..i know my skins not doing good...its getting worse..wait till you see my next post how it looks now..in 3D! lol i mean now now.this photo was a week old..

DSCN6673
right cheek taken first week of may,i guess this was my healing stage...

Photobucket
and this just last week...it looks worst in person...
i got sad when i heard that if i want to get pregnant it wont be as easy as before...you see i was diagnosed to have this right after a few weeks of me and Mr. R decided that we want to try to conceive hoping to have a baby girl...but i guess..that's not gonna be the case for now..i needed to work alongside my OB-GYNE to fix and prepare myself for that since she mentioned that im prone to Miscarriage,


they say:long-term health consequences of polycystic ovarian syndrome may include but not be limited to:

  • Cardiovascular disease.
  • Diabetes
  • Pregnancy-associated disorders.
  • Cancers.
  • Seizure disorders.

here are some links bout PCOS


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome


http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos.html

so for now i bid you guys good health and godbless have a lovely weekends,ill try to write my journey here,if you have any question just feel free to leave me a comment.

9 Beauty Bag Lovers:

aizel camille said...

I also have PCOS and am also taking contraceptives and metformin.

But metformin gives me GI disturbances, and based from our lesson in pharmacology, it might reduce the effect of the pills so I reduce my dose to twice a day.

And I try to lessen the intake of sugar so as to help my body reduce the production of insulin. =)

I also visit my derma every two weeks for a chemical peel. So far so good, my scars lighten. =) I'm medicating for a month now.

Good luck! =)

Queenbee said...

I suffer from the same condition. Though my break outs had mellowed down it left me acne scars. Try not to squeeze 'em =)

Pammy said...

I truly hope you get better in the weeks to come. Keep the faith! :)

Kat D. said...

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how hard this must have been for you.

Camille(SHOBE) said...

aizel- yeah metformin does that but on some days same as you i only take it twice a day

queenbee-for the first few weeks honestly i did pick some of them but now im trying hard not to,i have acne scars do i dont know why they take too long to disappear compared to my previous ones

pammy-thanks pams will do

kat d-i got so down on my first few weeks i still have my ups and downs but now i blame it on the medications hehehe

angelamhiere said...

I have the same condition, too... I was diagnosed with PCOS last 2010. When the OB-Gyne asked me if I want to get pregnant soon, I told her, my then fiance and I don't have plans yet. I got sad and really depressed after she said that I might have difficulties getting pregnant by the time comes that hubby and I decide to have a baby. Honestly, I am scared of giving birth, but still, I want to give my husband a child. The OB-Gyne gave me Provera for 10 days then she gave me Althea contraceptive pills for the next three months. I guess the pills worked for me because I didn't have breakouts that time. After three months of using it, I didn't use it anymore as I was (and still) looking for a better OB-Gyne. Now, I get the same kind of bumps and acne flare. My period is almost regular but for the last two years (after my pill intake), they were irregular - i sometimes don't get my period for about two months. Earlier this morning, I had terrible cramps that made me scream. And it has started occurring late last year. =(

I think my hubby is already considering to have a baby. Now, we really have to look for an OB-Gyne. Where do you get yourself checked? Dito lang ba sa Manila? Might as well try to drop by your OB... =)

Let's hope for the best, sis! Take care! =)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

angel-nakakainis no,the fact that we cant do anything bout it,most doctors are also clueless on what to do they just follow the standards talaga when it comes to pcos...ang mahirap is the adjustment that you have to make..

i do experiemce that painful cramps as well,i havent found the right OB ive been to 2 OBs pero ill go to my OB talaga dati and check im on my last pack kasi ng pills and its actually getting worst.godbless you sis.

angelamhiere said...

i hope we could find a better OB... =)

let's hope for the best!

Ay! Naalala ko na! Our ninang's cousin is an OB-Gyne! Kaso, sa Caloocan pa... sa Diosdado Macapagal Hospital(?)... ok naman daw cya, kasi yun OB ng sis-in-law ko when she got pregnant... I'll tell my hubby that we should go there sometime...

Camille(SHOBE) said...

layo hehhe. sabi nga nila baby dust to us,in gods time,itll happen. =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...