Product Review:Makeup Forever HD Primer in Neutral

Friday, January 14, 2011
When it comes to primers,more often than not i go for the Oil Free ones,its a plus if its not silicone based as well,since i know how high the possibility rate,that it might clog my pores if used daily.Plus i still haven't found the right Primer that suits my skin best..Anyway here is another well known primer that might fancy you..

A lightweight, oil-free complexion corrector that enhances the skin's texture and primes the skin for makeup application.
What it does:

HD Microperfecting Primer deeply nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin, creating a glowing effect. Creates a protective layer on the skin allowing foundation to glide on easily and last longer

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

Skin Condition-Oily...mostly around my nose and cheeks,the weather here is not something that my skin would've chosen if it has a mind of its own,can talk,walk and is financially capable of booking a flight...before you think that im a coo coo,ill stop here...well you get my point..

Smells a bit like the shampoo i used when i was a kid.its not as creamy as Monistat or Smashbox which are in gel form,this one has the same consistency as my normal moisturizer,making it easier for me to blend,and fast to absorb.

Shades:
[mufehdprimerchart.jpg]
*photo credited to sephora
8 shades to choose from.

On my skin...dewy,semi-matte finish.

mufe HD Primer with Foundation on..i didnt notice any difference when it comes to application,my foundation still glides the same.but i did see a slight distinction when it comes to finish.

had to blot my face twice,since i was getting oily on my t zone.on the lighter side...i love how it made my face glow.

Here i am at 12 midnight,so its almost 12 hours..though on this photo i only had my Purederm bb cream and my cheek tint on..and its been almost 12 hours ..with a bit of touch ups every now and then because its not as great as i thought it would be when it comes to controlling my oils,but i guess since i have it in neutral which is supposed to add luminosity,mattifying my face is not its main objective

PROS:
  • Feels Light on my Skin..
  • Gives out a semi matte Finish
  • Makeup stayed longer compared to smashbox and monistat..
  • Oil Free
  • comes in different shades to counteract different complexion problems
  • No break outs
  • Foundation looks flawless..no caking or whatsoever
  • nice plastic packaging(pump)

CONS:
  • Price
  • Smell might be a con for some.
  • Did not reached my Mattifying Standard.

Overall,i like it more than my smashbox and kryolan,its lightweight,easier to apply,and my makeup stayed longer,but not to the point that im amazed by its Effectiveness..

If i were to rate this:
Packaging:4.5/5
Price:2/5
Controlling Oiliness:2.5/5
Lasting Power(as a primer):3.5/5
OVERALL RATING:4/5

5 Beauty Bag Lovers:

Charming Vanity said...

This looks like an amazing product! Ur skin is glowy and perfect in the pictures. Definitely adding this to my to-buy list of 2011. =)

Sara.H said...

looks like a nice product :) great review ^ ^

Anonymous said...

I am Glad i came across this web site.Added littlebeautybag.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

Charming V-so far so good,i mean this is my to reach primer recently.i just love how light it is.

Sarah H-thanks sarah..some really liked it but for me it didnt awed me.

anonymous-thanks dear ^_^

Iyah said...

YAY!! It's my favorite primer ^^ I love using this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...