Product Review:Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks

Friday, May 28, 2010

costs:Php 575 (watsons,local department stores,revlon counters)

 Description:
ColorBurst Lipstick uses Elasticolor technology to distribute rich color pigments evenly over lips and allows the formula to move comfortably with lips – like a second skin! ColorBurst Lipstick is also infused with moisturizers and antioxidants such as Sweet Almond Oil to improve lip texture and prevent drying. 

Claims:
  • Innovative pigments provide immediate, high-pigment color release on lips to give rich color in just one swipe
  •  Unique Elasticolor technology hugs lips with an explosion of color that feels virtually weightless
  • Contains film-forming polymers for longer wear and skin conditioning properties
  • Moisturizers and anti-oxidants, including Sweet Almond Oil, improve lip texture
  • Beautiful packaging, with premium bullet lipstick case and embossed Revlon logo on bullet


Blush-True Red-Plum
Nice Crisscross packaging.

the packaging looks and feels really classy,it looks a little like nars lipstick packaging to me,it has a sticker seal so its guaranteed new,and never been tested.

swatches(one swipe)-Left to right-BLUSH,TRUE RED,PLUM
some may find it a little tad she,the shade is buildable until you achieve your desired pigmentation..

without flash(top)/With Flash(bottom)-2 Swipes No LipLiner
with just one swipe this doesnt look like a true red to me at all,its more of a light red berry,but with two swipes i got the shade that i was looking for

Blush(left)with flash/Right(w/o)-3-4 swipes
Blush is my lips but better shade..i have to do several swipes for me to achieve this shade..

Plum(left)w/o flash/(right)with flash-2swipes
Plum is my shade when i want something that screams ATTITUDE!....the flash somewhat faded the shade off.



me wearing True red-Blush-Plum.
all have this semi glossy finish,which is a plus for me since i can always blot it off with a powder on a tissue.
True Red-i love this kind of shade on my lips,a lot of people complemented how nice this looks on my skintone,and how powerful it looks..=D(Classy!)
Blush-great for everyday wear,it looks exactly like my lips shade,but better!(Sweet!)
Plum-see how lovely it looks??i think this lipshade suits most skintone..its my "dont mess with me" Lipshade..=D(Edgy!)

now lets talk about the staying power

my lips with revlon true red..(with lipliner)applied at 11:00 am....i ate and drunk bottled water,etc etc. haha.some of the people who saw me wearing this lipshade asked what Lipstick am i wearing..is it from mac,chanel,etc..cause they love how true the red is on my lips. 

me during the show at 6:00 pm..
see how it stayed...well the lip liner helped a lot but you can definitely tell that the lipstick is still almost as good as i applied it..never underestimate the power of a Lipliner girls.

PROS:
  • wide variety of shades (20 lipshades to choose from)
  • great staying power
  • in terms of moisturizing this wins compared to colorsensational(maybe bec it has sweet almond oil)
  • very sleek packaging!
  • pigmentation can be sheer and as bold as you want it to be.
  • Doesnt feel heavy on the lips.(feels just like a lipbalm)
  • Hugs my lips without sinking in on my liplines.
  • Semi-Glossy finish.


CONS:
  • some may find it expensive
  • no more...hehe


overall-i love the colorburst line.theres not much to say on a lipstick...as long as they have:
  1. Great Pigmentation
  2. Great lasting Power
  3. Great Finish
  4. Moisturizing
  5. and people notice how great you look or that theres something wonderful when you have it on its a Fab Lipstick to have,for me.
thats it ladies thanks for visiting..ohh and i will have to say my sincere apology to tristhen..more of this on my next post..ill make it all up to you dear.

15 Beauty Bag Lovers:

mrs jack sparrow said...

ang ganda nung blush!

Pammy said...

The blush shade looks really really pretty. Me likey! :P

Bea said...

i love all the colors. especially the blush. im gonna get 1 soon. Thanks for sharing. :)

Xoxo~SnowBunny2022 said...

I love revlon colorburst lipsticks! I have Soft Nude 070 and its perfect for softing your lips down if you have a strong eye look on. I was really wanting to get Blush as well it looks gorgous on you as well as the red I think I'll be picking them up soon! I also did a review on the soft nude as well on my blog :)

Mrs.Zeus said...

So pretty babe!!!!

Ive been loving the pink hint lipstick but my lips are so pigmented that it doesnt do the lip shade justice. Any trick you can share on how I can accomplish a nude lips?

Camille(SHOBE) said...

mrs jack sparrow-pretty nude lips noh hehe.go get it nice shade for everyday wear

Pammy-blush will look good on you pams

bea-hehe if only we can purchase em all right!

XOXO-yes i saw your review yey for lipsticks im lemming for more

Mrs Zeus-me too i have pigmented lips,have you tried using lip concealers the one from etude is inexpensive but it can be drying,or you can always use a very nude lipliner to fill in your lips,or apply very light touch of your foundation(cream) to cancel out the pigmentation,me i often use concealer but i make sure to moisturize my lips since this can dry or sink into lip lines.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Wow, what a beautiful color :) True red is such an intense color :D

~tHiAmErE~ said...

it does have great pigmentation!

i will have to buy that..i'm looking for a good lipstick that won't dry the lips, provide moisture yet not too much moisture unlike the maybelline one...because my lips seems to be very picky...semi-matte l/s makes it chaps...too much moisture also makes it chaps
>_<

hope this would be my new love aside from the viva glam cyndi

thanks for the awesome post!

Khymm (Shopcoholic) said...

gusto ko talaga yung True Red! waah.. nice review shobe!

dramaramas said...

i want narin nung blush. before soft nude lang now pati blush. huhu i need allowance na talaga. anyway true red looks nice talaga sayo. ang ganda bagay na bagay. haven't tried any red lipstick, bagay kaya sakin?,kaso i'm a bit morena. nice review po. :)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

rainy days and lattes-it is dear,super like!

thiamere-uu nga thia noh pag too much moisturizing nag sisink in minsan sa lines pag matte naman ganun din hehe,pero sakin naman that rarely happens.

Camille(SHOBE) said...

khymm-hehe babagay sayo to khymm prmise nice red talaga

dramaramas-blush is nice,better try true red nalang on the counter,kasi some reds may look too strong sa skintone.

Bec said...

Very pretty! I want True Red! :)

September said...

Blush doesnt look that good on me.. Dunno why :(

Camille(SHOBE) said...

blush will look off on some skintones talaga,sakin din medyo hmm siya tignan and sa cousin ko,pero paired with gloss its looks nice on her hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...