Product Review: Mac Brow Set

Sunday, May 09, 2010
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE!!!
i was in search for a good brow gel to keep my brow hairs in place,i couldnt find one that is locally available,not until i saw the mac brow set,i was supposed to buy a clear mascara but since i saw someone selling this for a little less than its original price on mac store..i grabbed the chance. =D


costs:800-900php(dont know the exact price on the store)

MAC Brow Set is a unique tinted brow gel that grooms and sets brows (or other facial hair) in place while adding some shine and subtle color.  The formula lasts a long time with no flaking, and really holds brows in place.

Beguile (a pale brown with a gray undertone)
Girl Boy (a pale brown like Beguile, but with a more red/pink undertone)
Show-Off (a darker, combined version of Beguile and Girl Boy)
Clear 

i have it in GirlBoy...(a pale brown like Beguile, but with a more red/pink undertone).


here is my unruly bare brows...see those sparse area on my left brows?that was way better than before.that is why i need a good brow gel cause i need to cover that sparse area.



here's my brows with just the eye brow powder on..without any brow gel they tend to fade on the bald area,cause of my oils and sweats..

with mac brow set girl boy.sparse area gone..=D

another shot...see how it lightens and made the brows look softer,it also tames and set my brows in shape.

another one using a taupe shade brow pencil(with mac browset girl boy)..i am in love with the brow pencil i used here..it totally stayed and cover the area,looks natural too..

and a brown shade brow pencil(with mac browset girl boy)

is it waterproof???that i dont know..cause the only time that i get my brows wet is when i have to wash everything off =D

PROS:
  • Effective in taming strayed brows plus gives you a soft looking brows
  • GirlBoy is a very nice shade,that i think will suit most skin tones
  • One tube will last you a long time
  • Can be used as a Mascara
  • Doesnt Flake


CONS:
  • It has this weird smell..that i cant explain

LBB's TIP:
the Spoolie of the mac brow set holds a lot of product when you pull it out and when i tried to use it on my brows it kinda stained the skin outside my brows,it dries kinda fast so i had to wipe it with a makeup remover,to AVOID product overload on your brows try using another SPOOLIE..DONT dip it inside the bottle..You just have to brush the Mac browset's Spoolie on your Clean/Spare Spoolie until you get your desired amount then use that on your brows,that way you'll save more product plus its hygienic and you'll avoid staining..=D

13 Beauty Bag Lovers:

donnarence said...

hmm.. i want one of this.. ang nice niya sa brow mo shobe.. :D how much kaya ito?? thanks

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The brow tube is great! It really softens up the whole look. Your brows are not unruly to begin with but that brow tube gives it an exceptional softness that is hard to achieve naturally. Looks great!!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

donna-thanks donna hehe,i think somewhere between 800-900php,kasi i got it sa for sale item ng 600 eh,hehe =D

Camille(SHOBE) said...

rainy days and lattes-ive been waiting for this tube but its always Out of stock on the market hehe,it did soften the whole look,i really love it =D

Pammy said...

Your brows looked better with this product. :)

I think my brows badly need something like this. Thanks for the review, Shobe. :P

Mikki Aragon said...

i want din!! maybe in beguille...

it makes a really big difference sa brows noh? looks good! :)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

pammy-hehe it does,its like a total makeover,salon threading ruined my brows..=( no prob pammy xoxo

Jian said...

Ahhh! The secret to your brows! Thanks for sharing.

I can't be bothered with my brows. because I don't like the idea of having really sparse brows when I can't be bothered to apply makeup...Do you know what I mean? It's a bit of a dilemma..shapeless brows vs. sparse brows that look AMAZING when you do them up. Eeeeh...

Camille(SHOBE) said...

mikki-hehe yes it does,for me its easier to darken brows than to lighten them hehe that is why i love girlboy =D

Jian-hehe yeah i get your point,i really dont do makeup on my brows,its just recently i learned the difference it makes..=D

Askmewhats said...

Thanks for this post shobe! :D Enjoyed this!Happy Mother's Day Shobe!!!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

thanks for the greeting nikki,hehe glad you liked it ^^

Khymm (Shopcoholic) said...

im using the same shade shobe =) ang ganda noh?!

Nic Nic said...

I have the same brow set as you! I like it but I don't know where mine's gone. I can't live without grooming my brows these days :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...