Product Review:Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation(neigh or yey?)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010
So its been a while since ive used this foundation,the past few tries were disastrous,but since i really want this product to work for me, i decided to try it for the very last time,they say the third try is the charm so what the heck,its my skin anyways.

retails for (1600php at marrinaud/shang/rustans)/26$
A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a long time favourite of MAC fans

null
back label,contains15g of product
i actually broke out when i used this a few months back,that was my second try,the first was when i was in my teen years

the powder is finely milled,you can see how thick the powder is with just one swatch,plus the shade selection is perfect,at first i find it confusing...what does NC,NW,N,C,W stands for

N-Neutral=great for Beige Skin
C-Cool=Yellow-Golden Olive Skin
W-Warm=Pinkish Skin
NW-Neutral Warm=Pinkish Beige Skin
NC-Neutral Cool=Golden Beige Skin
The Shade number-15,20,25....so on=the higher the shade the deeper or darker the foundation gets

on my face it looks a little tad white upon application,but after a few mins the foundation tends to blend with my skintone,it evens out my skin tone,no question about it giving the best coverage for a powder foundation,i never have to use a concealer on my under eye area whenever i use this.

another shade Ii have is in NC40,this for me suits morena/medium-dark skin tones.

but it strangely suits my nc20-25 skin...will you look at that. =D..

side by side comparison nc40(left) and nc25(right)

side by side swatch..nc 40 looks orange-y on my skin hehe,but with a light brush swift it somehow matches my skin..nc25 on the other hand suits me perfectly,ive tried nc20 and that too went well with my skin tone.

TIP:
one way of avoiding knock off Mac studio fix powder plus foundation is that the number above the barcode which is somewhere written at the box,should match the number on the packaging below where the label is.

PROS:
  • Great Coverage
  • Nice Shade Selection
  • Sleek Packaging
  • Hygienic Wise(seperate compartment for the Sponge)
  • Can be use wet/dry(although MA told me that i can only use it dry)
  • A little Goes a long way(this will last you a long time)
  • Great for photoshoots(since it has no SPF,no white cast)

CONS:
  • Quite Expensive(i got mine from macys thanks to a special someone)
  • This might break you out(well i did,but just recently all's well that ends well...i made it work for me!!!)
  • can sometimes look cakey(i use facial mist if it looks so)

So,i guess third time really is the charm!!!wooohooo.Now will i repurchase??maybe...for gigs an stuff..but since i really dont need this kind of heavy coverage i can pass this up,maybe i can find a close alternative minus the hefty price...

11 Beauty Bag Lovers:

Krystal Leigh said...

Informative! I was wondering about the NC, NW, N, W, C stuff too!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

thanks krystal xoxo.

Askmewhats said...

I love the coverage of this, tama ka just a bit pricey pero its really really good!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

yes nikki,but compared to cinema secrets,kanebo and shu this is a great buy na din

NeuroChiq said...

Glad to know it worked na for you! =) Thanks for posting NC/NW and so on stuffs. Take care, Shobe! =)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

dang-hehe,yey for trying over and over,but i dont like to use it on a daily basis,hehe no prob dang,take care too!!xoxo

Lizz said...

Very interesting! I haven't used non-Korean face powder in a while, haha. I should check this one out. :)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

Hi lizz,i love korean bb pacts!!but for special occasions or on days i need more coverage this is a must reach for me

Jian said...

Thanks for the review! I'm looking for a new compact foundation since I'm running REALLY low on my Dior X3 Matte one..is the powder mattifying? I have an oily t-zone ><

Camille(SHOBE) said...

jian-yes jian the finish is matt,will definitely take of the shine after hehe

Khymm said...

i love this foundie too, but i only use this for special occasions.. takot ako magkabreak-outs hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...