Product Review:Mac select cover-up Concealer

Friday, April 30, 2010
time for another review...featuring mac select cover up concealer...im really not that finicky when it comes to concealer at all as long as it can cover my dark under eye circles its a winner for me...that's all that matters since i really dont have much acne scars to cover or anything like that.

Costs:900+ php ($16.50 on Mac Site)
Product Description:

Liquid camouflage for the skin. Texture-free, virtually invisible. Comes in a tube. Blends in. Brightens and lightens dark areas, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Use pre-foundation, or on its own. Don't reveal it, conceal it!







contains 10ml of product,this will probably last me a long time my past concealer usually contains 8ml and it lasted me 6 months..

i like the packaging,it has a narrow tube opening,it dispenses the right amount of product,plus its very sanitary.

ingredients(click)

here's a tiny bit of the concealer on my skin...i chose nw25 since it looked a little bit salmony on my skin,and it perfectly conceals my dark eyebags,and cancels out the redness on my face.this is not a full coverage concealer its more of a sheer- medium coverage that you can layer,for me the coverage is good.

 Bare Eyes,my under eyes are not really that dark,but still you can see the bluish tone plus it looks tired .

with mac select cover up concealer,i totally love its natural finish,dries up Matte unlike my previous concealer which kinda illuminates my dark circles cause of its dewy wet like finish,Staying power is not that bad either,as long as i set it with powder,it will stay up at least 6-8 hoursif the weather is hot and humid,which is great.

heres a side by side comparison of mac VS shu uemura...
I used my fluffy blending brush similar to mac 224,or my fingers to blend the concealer,some people find it a little difficult to work with,maybe because it dries up as soon as you starts to blend it.as for me,i did not had a hard time blending this concealer,one more thing,be sure to moisturize your eye area prior to this,i find it easier to blend that way.

PROS:
  • Nice Packaging/Handy =D
  • Matte Natural Finish
  • Sheer-Medium but buildable coverage
  • Nice Shade Selection
  • Lots of Product(10ml)-
  • Didnt Broke Me out
  • Didn't Cake or Set in to fine lines
  • Covers my pimple quite well.


CONS:
  • Some people find it quite drying,and difficult to blend(i didnt)
so that's it,over all this concealer works for me,although this is not my HG concealer it still does the job concealing my flaws..
TIP:
Just be sure to moisturize the area you want to conceal if your having a hard time blending the concealer,also try to layer it and dont apply it all at once,since this dries up quite fast also to prevent caking .

12 Beauty Bag Lovers:

Ida said...

I love reading concealer reviews. And I also love how your eyes look so awake in the 2nd pic! :) I agree, it's important to moisturize first and not apply too much product at once!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

hehe thanks sis ida,nice how it made my eyes more awake.i like this concealer for that matter,=D they say that this cakes but considering how i apply it thinly then just layer if i want more coverage it did not cake at all

SweetShuGa said...

I also have this concealer, and i really love it..been using it for almost 2 yrs..and im on my third tube now..hehe.

NeuroChiq said...

sis Shobe, the difference is super noticeable! =) It works great for you!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Liquid camouflage is a good way to describe it :D I use the one that comes in a little pot and that one is pretty good as well. The tube should one you have should be much better than mine.

Khymm said...

mas maganda talaga ang select cover up coz di sha gaanong nagca-cake compared to studio finish. wow nagwork talaga ang NW25 sa skintone mo shobe, your eyes looked brighter. sayang di nagwork sa akin ang NW25, maybe Im acidic? mas okay sa akin NC20 =)

LADY JOAN said...

Thanks for the review!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

sweetshuga-really nice ei,hehe thats how much you like the concealer,it works quite well!

Rainy Days and Lattes-i want the studio finish concealer too but i find it quite thick,but when i tried it it has maximum coverage wow.hehe

Dang-i use this mostly as my under eye concealer,hehe im glad it works sis!!

khymm-hehe my skintone shade is quite strange im acidic too,its just that foudnations and concealers tends to blend even if its a shade darker or lighter than mine.

Camille(SHOBE) said...

Jo-Thanks sis mwuah

Sush said...

I switched to moisturecover after trying this. I did find it hard to blend but then again I was in the US when i tried it so my skin was very dry. This probably works much better with our weather =) hmm must try again hehe

Camille(SHOBE) said...

yes sush maybe that's the reason why they say its kinda hard to blend,but since its a little too hot here in our country this works

Jing said...

very nice review shobe!

naisip ko mag buy ng concealer na. meron naman ako concealer yung sa fanny serrano stick. its a nice product, but of course i want to try something liquid naman.

by the way shobe, thanks for the sweet comments =) mwah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...