Product Review: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Liquid Foundation

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Here's my first liquid foundation review(as far as i know) for you guys,the L'oreal true match superblendable foundation with Hyaluronic Acid...MAN!!! thats a mouth full!!! this is their new reformulated formula by the way,i have this in R2(apricot ivory),and G6(golden caramel) which i think is their darkest foundation, at least that's what i saw on the counter
costs:900 something php(more or less around 20$)/30ml
This NEW foundation is the revamp of the existing formula with the addition of Ultra-Fine Enhancing Pigments to precisely match one's skin tone for a natural, even finish and luminous complexion. It is formulated with the various shades of Asian skin tone in mind and consists of 3 different groups of shades for Cool(R), Warm(G) and Neutral(N) skin tones. This new formula has included SPF17/PA++ as well as Vitamin C to protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays and free radicals.

Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful moisturizer for the skin and also is found naturally in abundance in the connective tissue of our skin. It has high water-retaining property hence is able to provide hydration for the skin up to 24 hours. Besides, it also has anti-free radical action and helps in cell repair by stimulating collagen synthesis.


the foundation is not runny as compared to revlon colorstay which is more watery in consistency.a half pump dispenses this much product.

my bare face(dont mind the white gunk on my nose,thats my moisturizer,did not noticed that it was still there haha)

with the foundation on.the name implies it,i did not had a hard time blending the foundation,this doesnt stick really fast on your skin like the revlon colorstay but for me it dries quite fast,even if its dry you can still blend it,or maybe its because of the powder like finish.

My shade is R2(apricot Ivory) looks a tad lighter on my face,but its not really noticeable plus makeup tends to oxidize on my oily face,this will give you a semi matte finish,with Medium coverage that is buildable,it feels light which is a great factor for me considering that this may give you a Medium-full coverage.

since i prefer matte finish i just dust it off with the Ellana Espresso Con Pana,it did not cake on me either,havent used any foundation that cakes on me probably because of my oily skin.?.

after 3 and a half hours of walking and  running with lil r,through a crowded mall wide sale.it fades off..now dont get me wrong,this is a good foundation,its just that on the way to the mall i have to walk a block away,and its super hot!you know how unbelievably hot it is nowadays,plus togging lil r with me,i bet even the highest end of the foundation would melt.(most of you know how i sweat..).so i would say its lasting power is not that great but not really that bad either..

PROS:
  • Easy to Blend
  • Feels Light
  • Medium buildable coverage
  • semi matte finish
  • nice packaging(pump bottle)
  • Did not broke me out
  • good shade range(N-G-R)
  • decent SPF plus Vit c and Hyaluronic acid(great for summer)
  • No Funky Smell
CONS:
  • not really that long lasting on my uber oily skin
  • Quite expensive for a drugstore brand(we dont call them drugstore brand here anyways)

21 Beauty Bag Lovers:

Sush said...

Love the finish and coverage! cant blame the fdtn from fading though, its too hot nowadays noh? :/ blech

trizh űű said...

sis anong shade mo?

Askmewhats said...

I have been wanting to try this foundation for the LONGEST TIME! I just have so much foundation that I hoarded so I have to finish them up before I start to repurchase!!!

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

this foundation is one of my to try foundie list. :)) true, it's expensive here. hays.. it so hard to find hg foundie lalo na sa ating oily skin.

NeuroChiq said...

I agree, most of my foundies melt away because of the extreme heat nowadays! And like you, I have super oily skin, too. Yay! Thanks for the review, but for the HOT time being, I guess I have to stick with mineral powders. =)

Happy Tuesday, Shobe! =)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

Maui-yes i agree!!its super hot!sweats and oils,that is why i prefer powder foundations or just tinted moisturizer on days like this.

trizh-hi yah trizh sorry forgot to include im r2 apricot ivory

Nikki-hehe,me too,pero i bet you have more than what i got,lol,im still on search kasi hehe.

Achii nehs-yep yep,they call it drugstore brand,we call em middle priced brands haha.theyre almost at par with mac when it comes to pricing.almost...

Camille(SHOBE) said...

Dang-yes prolly we should stick with minerals foundations in powders on a hot humid weather like this,even right after i took a bath this morning i started to sweat eh,im still on my robes pa waaa.

THANKS SIS HAPPY TUESDAY TO u TOO!!xoxo belated mwuah

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Love the awesome coverage of the foundation! You look absolutely glowing in it :D I love foundation reviews because I started to get into the liquids recently and it's driving me nuts with all the reformulated ones! :) I hope they sell this one @ my local stores here because it seems as anything with the label "PA++" or something is sold outside of the US, which sucks for me!

trizh űű said...

sis ligtest shade na yun?

Camille(SHOBE) said...

2nd sa lightest ata sis ivory rose yung isa r1

Camille(SHOBE) said...

rainy days and lattes-thanks dear,im into foundations nowadays too,hehe,i think this is exclusive here in asia the ones i saw in us was the twist cap w/o the pump

Jian said...

Thanks for the review hun =) I think L'Oreal is quite expensive for drugstore, here at least!

Camille(SHOBE) said...

hehe np jian yes i do think so!!plus i never saw them go on 50% off haha

kingking17 said...

hi camille! do you you this is good for acidic and oily skin?

kingking17 said...

hi camille! do you you this is good for acidic and oily skin?

Camille(SHOBE) said...

kingking-hi sis i have acidic and oily skin and it works okay for me,but since its summer it didnt managed to last quite that long compared to revlon,but when we went to watch a movie it did last for up to 6 hours or so,with the right primer and setting powder

ruru said...

hi how i wish i have that item also seems nice :)

joice said...

i use the one in rose beige (C3). the color on my skintone is ok, kaso yun nga, hindi sya oil controlling.:)

Anonymous said...

whats that all about

makeup,hauls, and anything under the sun! said...

I should really give this a try! :) thanks for the review! :)

Camille(SHOBE) said...

ruru-aw you dont have loreal at your area?

Joice-i agree its not for those with super oily skin not unless you have a very great primer or setting powder/spray

makeuphauls=thanks as well dear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...