hi ladies here's another way on how you can achieve that nice luminous look using your moisturizer and mineral pigments..


you'll need:
daily moisturizer(as a medium)-or any mixing medium that approves your skin type.i thought that since im using this moisturizer everyday i wont break out nor develop any reaction.
a spatula
small container
mineral pigments
since im trying to duplicate moonbeam's effect/finish i opted for light peachy shades


lets start:
scoop out a small amount of my first pigment(city lights)

and the second pigment which is the rose pearl..little by little so that you can still adjust the shade afterwards

mix it with your moisturizer..mix it well,until you don't see any clumps...i also mixed a small amount of my mad minerals topaz sun(bronzy metallic shade) on the concoction...


hence it looked darker..cause i want to have a bronzy peachy finish.


here's the swatch without flash(bottom-blended top-semi blended)


here's a test on how this looks like..dotted it on my skin..


then blend it by patting upwards,didn't blend it that much so that the camera can still capture the shade..i guess i failed on replicating moonbeams finish but its a nice peachy bronzy highlighter..

here's some of my Home made Stuff~mostly bases and highlighters.
Cream eye bases(to my surprise it stayed for up to 7 hours on my lids just by using my Monistat primer./Yellow Cream Concealer/Another Highlighter but this time i tried to duplicate highbeam..

for the eye bases here's the swatches


here's my face concoction-highlighter(bronzy glow)/Green Primer/Highlighter(pink glow)


and the swatches(semi blended)

going to make another how to on the cream eye bases and reviews on them,for now I'm amazed on their finishes and how they managed to stay on my uber oily skin. =D...a eureka moment.yey.


11 Beauty Bag Lovers:

RHiiAN said...

nice tutorial~

will wait for more

Tish said...

Soooooo ingenious, Shobe! Itching to try it now.

Pammy said...

That's a really nice DIY, Shobe. :P

Keziah Ann said...

plz do a tutoow to make tutorial on how to make those eye bases?

CHARRY said...

Genius! :)

CamRenRai16(SHOBE) said...

thanks ladies ^_^,what i like about this is that it last longer than my elf bases or etude house highlighter hehe,im so happy...

keziah-okay dear ill do another how to on that one

Khymm said...

ang galing shobe! =) oo nga, please make a tut on how to make eye primers.. I find UDPP expensive eh!

twinsouls888 said...

Thanks for this post Shobe, really creative ^_^

~tHiAmErE~ said...

i do this too!
although in my case i use the eyeko cream in mixing up my very own cream blush.
^_~

nice tut,sis!

babysaffron said...

hi...
wonderful idea...
have to experieced dumps while mixing them?
thanks.

rogurl said...

I've been looking for a good shimmer for my eyes and cheeks, this worked perfectly! I'm darker, Indian, so I mixed a loose powder from L.A. Colors (Radiant) with a little pot of lotion and it's beautiful for everyday wear, shines and glimmers nicely. I'll definitely be using this mix again, thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...